Is your refrigerator not cooling?
If your refrigerator is not cooling, then you need to fix the problem immediately so that your food does not go bad. Problems often require the attention of a refrigerator repair professional. We’ve compiled a list of the reasons your refrigerator doesn’t cool food.
- Sometimes the thermostat dial is set too low, resulting in an increase in the temperature in the refrigerator. You need to know that the numbers represent the power level, so the higher the number, the colder it will be in your refrigerator.
- To maintain a constant refrigerator temperature, it is important that the ventilation holes remain open. It happens that people accidentally cover the ventilation holes, for example with a bag of food. It is also important to keep the vents clean.
- If the condenser coils are dirty, the refrigerator will have to work harder to remove heat. The condenser coil should be cleaned at least once a year. The dirty coil can be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner. Cleaning the condenser coils should allow the refrigerator to return to generating heat from the inside.
- Also, the refrigerator may have a problem with the condenser fan motor. Without a working condenser fan, your refrigerator can easily overheat and not function properly. If the fan motor is out of order, then, most likely, a professional refrigerator repair will be required.
- Your refrigerator may have one or more evaporator fan motors. The evaporator fan motor circulates cold air from the evaporator coils throughout the compartment. If it’s broken, you might also need professional help to repair your refrigerator.
- The refrigerator uses at least two printed circuit boards: this is the main control board and the temperature control board. If any of them are damaged, then there may also be problems with the temperature in the refrigerator.
It is difficult for an inexperienced person to diagnose and fix some problems, so we recommend contacting a refrigerator repair specialist at our local Brooklyn home appliance repair company.
Call us today at 646-346-7603 or visit https://topaidappliancerepairny.com